- What's New
- Guest Info
Yoga, Natural Earth Excursions & Conversations in Consciousness
Susan Bowen & Zoe Marae
In our retreat we will experience being in this beautiful land, walking together in deep inner flow, exploring waterfalls, volcanoes, ocean, fresh air. Retreat to explore yoga, healthy food, and grounding permanent expansion of your soul through heart in an energized body. Perfect timing…2012, now, a new human experience-living in an activating body.
• Airport transfers
• Lodging: Kalani offers several choices for accommodations ranging from Ocean View Cottages to shared bath lodge rooms. All lodging choices include use of the 120 acres of lush land and facilities.
• Cuisine: 3 Yummy healthy meals are freshly prepared each day.
• Yoga: Specially sequenced yoga classes to explore congruence of mind, body and spirit while in the experience of rich earth and community.
• Evening Talks: Lead by Zoe Marae Evening interactive discussions to share experiences and joy. PARTY!
• Opening ceremony and introduction to Kalani at the Watsu pool
• Closing ceremony bonfire
• Local celebration: Hula dance
• Hawaiian Adventures: 3 group adventures to explore the Big Island.
Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
Explore the summit of Kilauea, the worlds most active volcano.
Waipi’o Valley 4-wheel Drive Adventure
Waipi’o Valley is located along the Hamakua Coast on the northeastern coast of the Big Island. Our adventure takes you to the bottom of the valley, in a 4WD vehicle, where you will discover a beautiful black sand beach and traditional agriculture.
Tide Pools Snorkeling and Ahalanui Warm Pond
Swim and snorkel the Wai’Opae Tide Pools, a protected natural marine reserve, and discover amazing oceanic flora and fauna.
Wander, play and relax
In addition to our planned events, enjoy free time with dozens of activities of your choice including walking to the black sand beach. If you are bringing a friend who likes to play golf, public golf courses are 45 minutes away! Childcare is available onsite so if bringing little ones, they can enjoy all the retreat has to offer with you and when you need a break enjoy with sitters!
About the Facilitator(s)
Susan Bowen. Studio owner of Thrive Yoga, Rockville, MD is a RYT500 and Certified ISHTA Yoga Instructor & Certified Baptiste Power Vinyasa Yoga Instructor. Susan’s classes are challenging and inspire students to explore the practice of unifying the breath, mind and body to a place of comfort from the common Western habit of distraction and discomfort.
Susan has studied and practiced more than 12 yoga styles and encourages students to explore what works for them in yoga without concern for the “right” way to practice. Susan was first introduced to yoga 20 years ago while in college and has studied and practiced yoga while traveling for 15 years in the corporate world. Because of many years in a high-stress job (tight shoulders and distracted mind), Susan sequences yoga classes to help students de-stress, de-tox and become more aware of their own vitality. Sometimes that means getting more fit through movement and breathing exercises… sometimes that means hands-on assistance to stretch an ailing or tight muscle! Susan cues her classes to inspire awareness of the whole being-physical, emotion, mental and spiritual.
Susan has been honored as a leading woman entrepreneur in Montgomery County, MD for over a decade. As the Director of Programming for Thrive Yoga, she has been responsible for bringing both classical and cutting-edge yoga and wellness programs and staff to the studio. Susan facilitates and lectures at corporate, non-profit, and government events and retreats on a variety of topics including: stress-management, goal setting, and techniques for greater vitality in a busy world.
Zoe Marae. Dr. Marae has a PhD in biological science. For 15 years, she did medical research on complex multi-system disease leading to a joint appointment at Harvard Medical School and Children’s Hospital, Boston. Zoe Marae is a scientist who believes in “magic” (Vibrational magic, that is). She playfully refers to herself as a “mapmaker” specializing in formats (maps) of higher personal energy flow. These very practical maps lead to transformation inside (peace and flow) as well as outside (new life attractions). Her “zoeisms” combine vibrational physics with graphic humor… functional and entertaining!
For More Information:
|Fees per person:||Double Occupancy||Single Occupancy|
|9 - Ocean Cottage||$ 2829||$ 3589|
|8 - Ocean Loft||$ 2829||$ 3589|
|7 - Tropical Cottage||$ 2721||$ 3445|
|6 - Tropical Loft||$ 2540||$ 3009|
|5 - Tree House Room||n/a||n/a|
|4 - Bungalow Room||$ 2388||$ 2725|
|3 - Lodge Room (private bath)||n/a||n/a|
|2 - Lodge Room (shared bath)||$ 2173||$ 2432|
|1 - Campsite||n/a||n/a|
Children 12 under $1185
Prices subject to change without notice.
Registration Information and Cancellation Policy
This is a Retreat and we are going to Hawaii, so we are light on the rules. We are offering this quality retreat, at a reasonable cost. Read the refund policy carefully. Please do not request special exceptions for refunds.
• Registration deadline is December 12, 2011.
• The retreat DOES NOT include airfare but DOES include airport transfers. In order to schedule transport from the airport, send your flight itinerary by February 1, 2012 to email@example.com. Fly to Hilo (ITO). Kalani Oceanside Retreat is only a 45 minute drive from the Hilo airport.
• Online registration is available for payment in full. If you would like to make a deposit of $500.00 and arrange for a payment plan, call Ugonma, at 301-294-9642. The retreat must be paid in full by December 12, 2011.
• Cancellation requests MUST be submitted in writing by December 10, 2011 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thrive Yoga will grant a full refund less an administrative fee of 10%. NO REFUNDS WILL BE GRANTED AFTER DECEMBER 10, 2011
• If you and a roommate are retreating as “double occupancy”, send us your names via email@example.com.
• If you register for “double occupancy” and want to be assigned a roommate, we will do everything in our power to make that happen. You will receive notification of your roommate no later than 4 weeks prior to departure. We will call you by December 13, 2011, IF we cannot assign a roommate and we will discuss other accommodations within your budget. Should you need to cancel due to a roommate not being assigned, we will refund your money less a 10% administrative fee.