- What's New
- Guest Info
Hawaiʻi Massage School at Kalani
Who We Are
The Hawaiʻi Massage School at Kalani offers numerous opportunities to train in a variety of Healing Arts modalities on the Puna Coast of the Big Island, Hawaiʻi.
Approved by the Hawaiʻi State Massage Board, our massage training options are an inexpensive way to get a high quality education and qualify to take your Hawaiʻi Massage Licensing exam.
Our students train in a spacious studio tucked into the lush environment of Kalani. You will receive all of the tools, techniques and knowledge required to begin your career as a massage therapist.
You will receive:
- Individualized attention
- Highly experienced and organized teachers
- Easy access to resources
- The option to study in an intensive style, or through a more gradual immersion program;
- The ability to learn in a safe and supportive environment;
- A broad, engaging curriculum providing a professional knowledge of massage therapy
- Access to to the many amenities at Kalani.
What We Offer
- Full-time Bodywork Training Intensive | September 15 - November 4, 2014
- A focused 7 week training
- Classes are 5 days a week, 6 hrs per day
- Study includes Anatomy, Kinesiology and Physiology as well as Swedish Massage, Hawaiian Lomi Lomi, Deep Tissue Massage and Traditional Thai Massage
- More Information...
- Part-time Bodywork Immersion Program | January 1 - June 30, 2015
- A more flexible version of the full-time program.
- Schedule includes 2.5 hrs per week of courseload and 7 hrs per week of hands on massage classes
- This part-time schedule allows students to receive proper training toward becoming a licensed massage therapist, while having the free time to accommodate work, family, and play.
- Easily combines with Kalani’s live-in volunteer program
- More Information...
- Apprenticeship Program
- At the conclusion of either program, you are eligible to complete the remaining hours required for the Hawaiʻi State Massage Licensing (a total of 570 hours) through participating in Kalani’s Apprenticeship program.
- Consists of bi-weekly massage clinics plus ongoing weekly classes in a variety of modalities.
- Students are eligible after completing either the Bodywork Training Intensive or Bodywork Immersion program
- For those who are already practitioners looking to get Hawaiʻi State Licensure Certification, participation in our Apprenticeship Program is a great option to help you fulfill Hawaii’s requirements for Licensing.
- State of Hawaiʻi: Licensing Area: Massage License Information
- Continuing Education & Courses
For those who are already licensed and looking to broaden your practice we have many valuable educational options available to you.
- Hawaiian Lomi Lomi
- Deep Tissue Massage
- Traditional Thai Massage (NCBTMB approved)
- Aquatic Bodywork (NCBTMB approved)
“ You will receive some of the broadest spectrum of massage at Kalani for working on the massage table, mat and in the water. It's an amazing program.” MA
“ I couldn't imagine a better apprenticeship program. Michael was my advisor 5 years ago. I've been working as a massage therapist ever since.” JT
“ I currently have my Hawaiʻi license thanks to completing the program at Kalani. I would certainly recommend Kalani as a place to train and as a means to acquiring the Hawaiʻi license. Michael has been very helpful in my personal case and I've only heard good things from other students and co-workers.” NC
“Kalani's a great place to study and learn massage. Great environment and very supportive.” DA
“The experience you get at a setting like Kalani is quite special. I certainly don't know of any program where you can sneak in a swim in the ocean or the pool during lunch breaks or have quality food available onsite.” MO
Student Clinic Sessions
Interested in receiving treatment from one of our students? Our Student Clinic is a wonderful opportunity for our students to enhance the tools and techniques they have learned during class as they complete the 310 hours of hands-on experience required to attain full licensure within the State of Hawai’i.
Our clinic is open to the public and is a great way to receive inexpensive massages from students and enjoy their fresh enthusiasm for giving bodywork. Sessions are $25 for 50 minutes. To book a session please visit our website to see what appointments are available, then contact Michael Ceraso at firstname.lastname@example.org to book your session. or call 1-808-965-0468 ext. 126.
Reach out to us for more information about our school, it’s offerings and registration. We look forward to speaking with you.
Hawaiʻi Massage School
12-6860 Kalapana-Kapoho Beach Road
Pahoa, HI 96778
1-808-965-0468 Ext. 126